For a little holiday inspired treat, a party favour, or even a hostess gift, try this simple and yummy recipe for gluten-free cinnamon caramel nut popcorn!
2 bags Plain popcorn, microwave or freshley popped
1/2 cup Butter (or vegan butter substitute)
2 cups Unsalted mixed nuts of your choice
2 tsp Sea salt
1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
3/4 cups Molasses, unsulphured
1 cup Brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two 13×9-inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn and nuts in large bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and continue boiling 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly. Divide mixture between pans.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; stir again. Spread onto parchment or waxed paper to cool thoroughly. Store in tightly sealed container.
(This recipe adapted and modified from original source www.newscanada.com)
Holiday Specials are here this year!!
If you’re looking for a special and thoughtful gift for someone special, or if you’re looking for some help with getting around the kitchen yourself this season, check out these two great Christmas deals! These deals will expire December 31st, 2011.
BOGO 50% off … plus FREE shipping!
That’s just $37.43 for two books (one for him/her – and one for you of course!)
Save 33% on personalized phone or Skype cooking lessons! Plus get a FREE book too!
This one hour cooking lesson is completely customized for YOU. Cover anything from the basics of choosing and preparing fresh, healthy and tasty meals – to advanced gluten-free baking. Follow along, ask questions and learn all in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Only $80 (regular value $118.95). Packages of 3 and 5 lessons also available.
Learn more here
Serve this low fat, hearty Italian style soup with a green salad and for a quick comforting meal.
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Leeks, chopped leeks (white part only)
1 large Potato, peeled and diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
2 cups Water
2 cups Corn kernels, frozen or fresh
1 cup Tomatoes, diced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup Parsley, chopped ( optional)
- In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat
- Add mushrooms, leeks, potato, garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add water and corn; bring to boil and cover.
- Lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil; lower heat to simmer for about 10 minutes or until hot. Stir in parsley if desired.
Calories: 133, Protein: 3.6 g, Fat: 4.1 g, Carbohydrates: 23.7 g, Dietary Fibre: 3.4 g
This recipe modified from News Canada