Well, I’m back from my trip to Singapore and so are Recipe Thursdays! Today is my best ever Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe… delicious and really, really easy to make. The trick to making a really tasty sauce is to remove the shrimp from the pot when they’re finished cooking, and to simmer down the remaining juices until you have a thick and rich seafood sauce. For best results, I use shelled shrimp because the shells are what infuse the sauce with its flavour. I serve this with brown rice and some steamed veggies – it’s probably my most deceivingly impressive meal
12-15 Shrimp, frozen or raw
1 tbsp Butter
2 cloves Garlic, pressed
1 tsp Water
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, stirring 1 minute until it releases its aroma.
- Add shrimp and distribute evenly. Pour in water and cover quickly. Cook 1 minute or until under-sides turn pink. Flip shrimp over and cook covered another minute until remaining side turns pink.
- Remove individual shrimp as they finish cooking, and continue cooking remaining shrimp until they have turned completely pink.
- When finished, scoop shrimp onto serving plate, and continue cooking juices 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Pour juices over shrimp and serve.