For a little holiday inspired treat, a party favour, or even a hostess gift, try this simple and yummy recipe for gluten-free cinnamon caramel nut popcorn!
2 bags Plain popcorn, microwave or freshley popped
1/2 cup Butter (or vegan butter substitute)
2 cups Unsalted mixed nuts of your choice
2 tsp Sea salt
1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
3/4 cups Molasses, unsulphured
1 cup Brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line two 13×9-inch baking pans with parchment paper.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn and nuts in large bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and continue boiling 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon.
- Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly. Divide mixture between pans.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; stir again. Spread onto parchment or waxed paper to cool thoroughly. Store in tightly sealed container.
(This recipe adapted and modified from original source www.newscanada.com)