Serve this low fat, hearty Italian style soup with a green salad and for a quick comforting meal.
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 lb Fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 cups Leeks, chopped leeks (white part only)
1 large Potato, peeled and diced
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
2 cups Water
2 cups Corn kernels, frozen or fresh
1 cup Tomatoes, diced
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup Parsley, chopped ( optional)
- In large saucepan heat oil over medium heat
- Add mushrooms, leeks, potato, garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add water and corn; bring to boil and cover.
- Lower heat and simmer about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil; lower heat to simmer for about 10 minutes or until hot. Stir in parsley if desired.
Calories: 133, Protein: 3.6 g, Fat: 4.1 g, Carbohydrates: 23.7 g, Dietary Fibre: 3.4 g
This recipe modified from News Canada